Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Bilvādileha is a semisolid preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation composition given below
|Bilva API-mūla||Aegle marmelos||Rt.||1536 g|
|Jala API for decoction reduced to||Water||12.28 l072 l|
|Jīrna Guda (Purāna Guda) API||Old Jaggery||768 g|
|Ghana (Mustā API)||Cyperus rotundus||Rz.||12|
|Dhānya (Dhānyaka API)||Coriandrum sativum||Fr.||12 g|
|Jīraka (Śvetajīraka API)||Cuminum cyminum||Fr.||12 g|
|Trutī (Sūksmailā API)||Elettaria cardamomum||Sd.||12 g|
|Tvak API||Cinnamomum zeylanicum||St.Bk.||12 g|
|Keśara (Nāgakeśara API)||Mesua ferrea||Stmn.||12 g|
|Śunthī API||Zingiber officinale||Rz||12 g|
|Marica API||Piper nigrum||Fr.||12 g|
|Pippalī API||Piper longum||Fr.||12 g|
Method of preparation
- Take raw material of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Wash, dry, powder ingredient number 1 (Kvātha Dravya) of the formulation composition and pass through sieve number 44 to obtain coarse powder.
- Clean, dry, powder the ingredients number 4 to 12 (Praksepa Dravya) of the formulation composition and pass through sieve number 85 to obtain fine powder.
- Add specified amounts of water to the Kvātha Dravya, heat, reduce to one fourth and filter through muslin cloth.
- Add jaggery to the Kvātha, boil to dissolve and filter through muslin cloth.
- Reduce the kvātha to thicker consistency by gentle boiling and stirring continuously during the process.
- Continue heating till the preparation attains the consistency of leha confirmed by the formation of a soft ball that doesn’t disperse in water.
- Remove from heat source and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add fine powders of Praksepa Dravya, mix thoroughly to prepare a homogeneous mass.
- Pack it in tight closed containers to protect from light and moisture.
- Dark brown semisolid paste with a spicy pleasant odour and sweet, astringent taste.
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture
- Aruci (Aversion to food), Agnimāndya (Excessive salivation), Chardi (Emesis).
- 6 g to be licked up 2 to 3 times in small quantities each time.
|Loss on drying||Not more than 20.0 per cent|
|Total ash||Not more than 2.3 per cent|
|Acid-insoluble ash||Not more than 0.22 per cent|
|Alcohol-soluble extractive||Not less than 6.8 per cent|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-1, page no 8 .