Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Kalyanaka Ksaara is a preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation composition given below.
|Śuṇṭhī API||Zingiber officinale||Rz.||1 part|
|Marica API||Piper nigrum||Fr.||1 part|
|Pippalī API||Piper longum||Fr.||1 part|
|Saindhava lavaṇa API||Rock salt||1 part|
|Sauvarchala lavaṇa API||Black salt||1 part|
|Viḍa lavaṇa API||Black salt (Official subsititute)||1 part|
|Harītakī API||Terminalia chebula||P.||1 part|
|Bibhītakī API||Terminalia bellirica||P.||1 part|
|Āmalakī API||Phyllanthus emblica (Emblica officinalis)||P.||1 part|
|Dantī API||Baliospermum montanum||Rt.||1 part|
|Aruṣkara (Bhallātaka API)||Semecarpus anacardium||Fr.||1 part|
|Citraka API||Plumbago zeylanica||Rt.||1 part|
|Sesamum indicum Oil||Q.S.'|
|Mūtra (Gomūtra)||Cow’s urine||Q.S.|
Method of preparation
- Take ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Clean, dry and powder the ingredients no. 1 to 10 and 12 separately and pass through sieve number 85.
- Crush Bhallātaka in a khalva to a fine state.
- Mix all powdered ingredients. Levigate the above mixture with the Tila taila and Gomūtra and prepare a homogeneous blend. Keep the homogeneous blend in an earthen pot and cover with a sarāva.
- Seal the edges of the pot by seven consecutive layers of clay-smeared cloth and dry.
- Keep the pot on mild fire till it becomes red-hot. Remove the content from the pot and grind to a fine powder.
- Pack it in tightly closed containers to protect from light and moisture
- Fine powder, passing through sieve number 100; hygroscopic, odour less, taste salty.
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Vibandha (Constipation), Ādhmāna (Flatulence), Gulma (Abdominal lump), Udāvarta (Upward movement of gases), Arśa (Piles), Pāndu (Anaemia), Udara roga (Diseases of abdomen), Krmi (Helminthiasis), Mūtrāghāta (Urinary obstruction), Aśmarī (Calculus) Śopha, (Oedema), Hrdroga (Heart disease), Grahanī (Malabsorption syndrome), Meha (Excessive flow of urine), Plīharuja (Pain due to splenic disease), Ānāha (Distention of abdomen), Śvāsa (Asthma), Kāsa (Cough), Agnimāndya (Digestive impairment).
- 1 g daily in divided doses.
|Loss on drying||Not more than 6 per cent|
|Acid-insoluble ash||Not more than 1 per cent|
|pH (1% aqueous solution)||10 to 11|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-1, page no 106.