Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Mahogany is an evergreen or briefly deciduous tree that can grow up to 30 metres tall with a large, spherical crown and many heavy branches that cast a dense shade. The bole is often short and much-branched, up to 100cm in diameter, usually with a short, buttressing base up to 1 metre in diameter. The tree is deciduous in areas where it is subject to drought
- 1 Uses
- 2 Parts Used
- 3 Chemical Composition
- 4 Common names
- 5 Properties
- 6 Habit
- 7 Identification
- 8 List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- 9 Where to get the saplings
- 10 Mode of Propagation
- 11 How to plant/cultivate
- 12 Commonly seen growing in areas
- 13 Photo Gallery
- 14 References
- 15 External Links
Diarrhoea, Dysentery, Haemorrhage, Tuberculosis, Wounds.
[[:Category:Herbs with used in medicine|]], stem, leaves, Root.
The 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) free radical scavenging activity of the isolated compounds indicated that all of the three compounds have strong activity compared with trolox as a reference.
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
|Type||Size||Color and composition||Stamen||More information|
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
How to plant/cultivate
A plant of the moist to humid tropics, where it is found at elevations from 50 - 1,500 metres.
Commonly seen growing in areas
- ↑ Indian Medicinal Plants by C.P.Khare
- ↑ Chemical constituents
- ↑ [Morphology]
- ↑ Cultivation
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Diarrhoea
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Dysentery
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Haemorrhage
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Tuberculosis
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Wounds
- Herbs with used in medicine
- Herbs with stem used in medicine
- Herbs with leaves used in medicine
- Herbs with Root used in medicine
- Habit - Evergreen tree
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Seeds
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Along the sides of roads