Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Saindhavādi Taila is a liquid preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation composition given below with tila taila as the basic ingredients.
|Saindhava lavaṇa||Rock salt||28 g|
|Arka API||Calotropis procera||Rt.||28 g|
|Marica API||Piper nigrum||Fr.||28 g|
|Jvalanākhya (Citraka) API||Plumbago zeylanica||Rt.||28 g|
|Mārkava (Bhṛṅgarāja) API||Eclipta alba||Pl.||28 g|
|Haridrā API||Curcuma longa||Rz. 2||8 g|
|Dāruharidrā API||Berberis aristata||St.||28 g|
|Tila taila API||Sesamum indicum||Ol.||768 g|
|Jala API||Water||3.07 l|
Method of preparation
- Take all ingredient of pharmacopoeia quality.
- Treat tila taila is prepare Mūrchit tila taila.
- Wash, dry, powder the ingredients number 2 to 7 of the formulation composition (Kalka Dravya) and pass through sieve number 85 to obtain fine powder.
- Transfer the powdered ingredients to a wet grinder, add ingredient number 1 of the formulation composition and grind with required amount of water to obtain a homogeneous blend (Kalka)
- Take Mūrchita taila in a stainless steel vessel and heat it mildly.
- Reddish yellow oily liquid, sticky to touch
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Kaphavātaja nādī vrana (Sinus due to Kapha dohsha and vata dosha).
- As prescribed by the physician for Abhyanga
|Refractive index at 25 degree||1.465 to 1.465|
|Weight per ml at 25 degree||0.930 g to 0.940 g|
|Saponification value||185 to 200|
|Iodine value||100 to 115|
|Acid value||Not more than 5.0|
|Peroxide value||Not more than 6|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-1, page no 127.