Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Lathyrus sativus - Triputa kalaya
Lathyrus sativus is a much-branched, annual plant growing from a long but thin, well-developed taproot. It can grow 30 - 50cm tall, occasionally to 170cm. The suberect stems often scramble into the surrounding vegetation, supporting themselves by means of tendrils.
- 1 Uses
- 2 Parts Used
- 3 Chemical Composition
- 4 Common names
- 5 Properties
- 6 Habit
- 7 Identification
- 8 List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- 9 Where to get the saplings
- 10 Mode of Propagation
- 11 How to plant/cultivate
- 12 Commonly seen growing in areas
- 13 Photo Gallery
- 14 References
- 15 External Links
Burning sensations, Stomachache, Throat infection, Nausea, Bitter vomiting, Impaired locomotion, Headache.
Young seedpods, Young shoots, Seeds.
Athyrus sativusseeds contained starch, cane sugar, leguminvicilin, legumelin, fixed oil, gum resin, oleo-resin,alkaloids, carbohydrates, flavonoids, terpenes, phenols, tannins, vitamin C, riboflavin, carotenoids,beta-carotene,proteins and amino acids.
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
|Type||Size||Color and composition||Stamen||More information|
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
How to plant/cultivate
Chickling pea is a plant of temperate to subtropical regions, though it can also be cultivated in the tropics, especially at higher elevations (in Ethiopia it is grown at elevations up to 2,700 metres).
Commonly seen growing in areas
- ↑ Chemical constituents
- ↑ [Morphology]
- ↑ Cultivation
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Burning sensations
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Stomachache
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Throat infection
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Nausea
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Bitter vomiting
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Impaired locomotion
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Headache
- Herbs with Young seedpods used in medicine
- Herbs with Young shoots used in medicine
- Herbs with Seeds used in medicine
- Habit - Annual
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Seeds
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of On cultivated land