Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Kumāryāsava is a fermented liquid preparation made with ingredients in the Formulation composition given below. It contains not more than 10 per cent, and not less than 5 per cent of alcohol that is self generated in the preparation over a period of time.
|Kumārī Rasa (Kumārī API)||Aloe barbadensis||Lf.||12.288 l|
|Guḍa API||Jaggery||4.8 kg|
|Vijayā (Harītakī API)||Terminalia chebula||P.||1.2 kg|
|Jala for decoction||Water||12.288 l|
|reduced to||3.072 l|
|Madhu API||Honey||3.072 kg|
|Dhātakī API||Woodfordia fructicosa||Fl.||768 g|
|Jātīphala API||Myristica fragrans||Sd.||48 g|
|Lavaṅga API||Syzygium aromaticum||Fl.||Bd. 48 g|
|Kaṅkola API||Piper cubeba||Fr.||48 g|
|Jaṭilā (Jaṭāmāṁsī)||Nardostachys jatamansi||Rz.||48 g|
|Kabābaka API||Piper cubeba||Fr.||48 g|
|Cavya API||Piper retrofractum||St.||48 g|
|Citra (Eraṇḍa API)||Ricinus communis||Rt.||48 g|
|Jātipatrī (Jātīphala API)||Myristica fragrans||Ar.||48 g|
|Karkaṭa (Karkaṭaśṛṅgi API)||Pistacia integerrima||Gl.||48 g|
|Akṣa (Bibhītaka API)||Terminalia belerica||P.||48 g|
|Puṣkaramūla (Puṣkara API)||Inula racemosa||Rt||. 48 g|
|Mṛta śulva (Tāmra API)||bhasma Calcined||T¡mra||48 g|
|Mṛta Loha (Lauha API)||bhasma Calcined||Lauha||24 g|
Method of preparation
- Take the raw materials of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Wash, clean and extract juice from the ingredient number 1 of the formulation composition.
- Wash, dry and powder the ingredient numbered 3 (Kvātha Dravya) of the formulation composition and pass through the sieve number 44 to obtain coarse powder.
- Clean, dry and powder the ingredients numbered 7 to 17 (Prakshepa Dravya) of the formulation composition individually and pass through the sieve number 85 to obtain fine powder.
- Prepare Bhasma of the ingredients numbered 18 and 19 of the formulation composition.
- Add specified amounts of water to the Kvātha Dravya, soak overnight, heat, reduce to one eighth and filter through muslin cloth to obtain Kvātha.
- Clear, dark brown liquid without frothing and significant sedimentation; with astringent taste.
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed amber coloured bottle, protect from light and moisture.
- Gulma (Abdominal lump), Kāsa (Cough), Śvāsa (Asthma), Arśa (Piles), Vātavyādhi (Neurological diseases), Apasmāra (Epilepsy), Kṣaya (Pthisis); Udara (Abdominal diseases), Manyāroga (Diseases of neck region), Agnimāndya (Digestive impairment), Koṣṭhaśūla (Abdominal pain) Naṣṭa puṣpa (Menopause).
- 15 - 30 ml orally with equal amount of water after meals twice a day.
|Total phenolic content||0.061 to 0.079 per cent|
|Total solids||Not less than 13.0 per cent|
|Specific gravity (at 25º)||1.01 to 1.10|
|pH||3.50 to 4.2|
|Reducing sugars||Not less than 7.5 per cent|
|Non-reducing sugars||Not more than 0.30 per cent|
|Alcohol content||5 to 10 per cent v/v|
- ↑ THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-II, page no 53.
- Ayurvedic Medicine
- Therapeutic use of Formula - Abdominal lump
- Therapeutic use of Formula - Cough
- Therapeutic use of Formula - Asthma
- Therapeutic use of Formula - Piles
- Therapeutic use of Formula - Neurological diseases
- Therapeutic use of Formula - Epilepsy
- Therapeutic use of Formula - Pthisis
- Therapeutic use of Formula - Abdominal diseases
- Therapeutic use of Formula - Diseases of neck region
- Therapeutic use of Formula - Digestive impairment
- Therapeutic use of Formula - Abdominal pain
- Therapeutic use of Formula - Menopause