Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Elādi Cūrṇa is a powder preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation composition given below.
|Elā (Sūkṣmailā API)||Elettaria cardamomum||Sd.||1 part|
|Lavaṇga API||Syzygium aromaticum||Fl. Bd.||1 part|
|Gajakeśara (Nāgakeśara API)||Mesua ferrea||Stmn.||1 part|
|Kola majjā (Kola API)||Zizyphus jujuba||Rp.Fr. Pp.||1 part|
|Lāja (Śāli API)||Oryza sativa||Sd.||1 part|
|Priyaṇgu API||Callicarpa macrophylla||Infl.||1 part|
|Ghana (Mustā API)||Cyperus rotundus||Rt. Tr.||1 part|
|Candana (Śveta candana API)||Santalum album||Ht. Wd.||1 part|
|Pippalī API||Piper longum||Fr.||1 part|
Method of preparation
- Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Dry Kola majja in an oven at 500 for 24 h and powder immediately after drying and pass
- through sieve number 85. Wash, dry and powder all other cleaned ingredients (number 1 to 3 and 5 to 9) individually and pass through sieve number 85.
- Weigh separately each powdered ingredient, mix together in specified ratio and pass through sieve number 44 to obtain ahomogeneous blend.
- Pack it in tightly closed containers to protect from light and moisture.
- Brown-coloured, smooth powder with characteristic odour of Elā, and a spicy, pungent taste. The powder completely pass on through sieve number 44 and not less than 50 per cent pass on through sieve number 85.
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Kāsa (Cough), Śvāsa (Asthma).
- 10 g daily in divided dose.
- Honey, Sugar.
|Loss on drying||Not more than 10 per cent|
|Total ash||Not more than 7 per cent|
|Acid-insoluble ash||Not more than 2 per cent|
|Alcohol-soluble extractive||Not less than 10 per cent|
|Water-soluble extractive||Not less than 90.0 per cent|
|pH (1% aqueous solution)||5 to 7|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-1, page no 46.