Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Carmona retusa is an evergreen shrub or much-branched small tree. It can grows up to 4 metres tall. The plant ranks among the top 10 of medicinal plants with potential in the Philippines, and thus a small-scale industry has developed around it. It is sometimes grown, especially in the Philippines, for the leaves which are used as a tea substitute and for medicinal purposes. It is also often grown as an ornamental and hedge plant and is a popular subject for bonsai. This plant belongs to Ehretia mcrophylla family.
- 1 Uses
- 2 Parts Used
- 3 Chemical Composition
- 4 Common names
- 5 Properties
- 6 Habit
- 7 Identification
- 8 List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- 9 Where to get the saplings
- 10 Mode of Propagation
- 11 How to plant/cultivate
- 12 Commonly seen growing in areas
- 13 Photo Gallery
- 14 References
- 15 External Links
Stomach problems, Dysentery, Coughs.
The plant has been shown to contain a range of medically active constituents. The leaves contain rosmarinic acid, flavonoid glycosides and triterpenoids.
|Kannada||Ele-adike soppu, Ennebuddi gida|
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
|Type||Size||Color and composition||Stamen||More information|
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
Cuttings of young shoots, Seeds.
How to plant/cultivate
The plant has escaped from cultivation in Hawaii and become naturalized in secondary vegetation.
Commonly seen growing in areas
On sandy soils, On scrub forests.
- ↑ Chemical constituents
- ↑ Karnataka Aushadhiya Sasyagalu By Dr.Maagadi R Gurudeva, Page no:45
- ↑ [Morphology]
- ↑ Cultivation
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Stomach problems
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Dysentery
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Coughs
- Herbs with Fruits used in medicine
- Herbs with common name in Kannada
- Herbs with common name in Hindi
- Herbs with common name in Tamil
- Herbs with common name in Telugu
- Herbs with common name in English
- Habit - Evergreen shrub
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Cuttings of young shoots
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Seeds
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of On sandy soils
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of On scrub forests