Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Brāhmī Ghṛta is a semisolid preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation composition given below with Ghrta as the basic ingredient
|Brāhmī svarasa (Brāhmī API)||Bacopa monnieri||Pl.||1.536 l|
|Ghṛta (Go Ghṛta) API||Clarified butter from cow’s milk||768 g|
|Śuṇṭhī API||Zingiber officinale||Rz.||12 g|
|Marica API||Piper nigrum||Fr.||12 g|
|Pippalī API||Piper longum||Fr.||12 g|
|Śyāmā (Trivṛt API)||Operculina turpethum||Rt.||12 g|
|Trivṛt API||Operculina turpethum||Rt.||12 g|
|Dantī API||Baliospermum montanum||Rt.||12 g|
|Śaṇkhapuṣpī API||Convolvulus pluricaulis||W. P.||12 g|
|Nṛpadruma (Āragvadha API)||Cassia fistula||Fr. Pulp||12 g|
|Saptalā API||Euphorbia dracunculoides||W. P.||12 g|
|Kṛmihara (Viḍaṅga API)||Embelia ribes||Fr.||12 g|
Method of preparation
- Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Take fresh Brāhmī and wash thoroughly with water. Grind and filter with muslin cloth to obtain
- Brāhmī svarasa.
- Treat Ghrta to prepare Mūrchita Ghrta.
- Take the other ingredients (Kalka dravya) numbered 3 to 12, wash, dry, powder and pass through sieve number 85.
- Transfer the powdered ingredients to the wet grinder and grind with sufficient quantity of water to prepare a homogeneous blend.
- A low melting Ghrta, green in colour with soft, unctuous touch, pleasant odour and bitter taste
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Apasmāra (Epilepsy), Unmāda (Insanity), Vandhyatva (Infertility), Kushtha (Skin disorders), Vāksvara bharga (Inability to speak properly), Smrti kshaya (Memory loss) and Buddhi māndya (Mental retardation).
- 12 to 24 g daily in divided doses.
- Warm milk and warm water.
|Refractive index at 400||1.454 to1.465|
|Weight per ml at 400||0.930g to 0.945g|
|Saponification value||190 to 230|
|Iodine value||30 to 40|
|Acid value||Not more than 2|
|Peroxide value||Not more than 4|
|Congealing point||210 to 170|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-1, page no 64.