Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Balāhaṭhādi Taila is a medicated oil preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation Composition given below with mūrcchita Tila taila as the basic ingredient
|Balā (API)||Sida cordifolia||Rt.||153.6 g|
|2 haṭhā (Āmalakī API)||Emblica officinalis||Pl.||153.6 g|
|3 Amṛtā (Guḍūcī API)||Tinospora cordifolia||St.||153.6 g|
|4 Mudga API||Phaseolus radiatus||Sd.||153.6 g|
|5 Māṣa API||Phaseolus mungo||Sd.||153.6 g|
|6 Jala API||for decoction Potable Water||–||12.288 l|
|reduced to 3.072 l|
|7 Tilodbhava (Tila Taila API)||Sesame oil||–||768 g|
|8 Candana (Rakta Candana API)||Pterocarpus santalinus||Ht. Wd.||42.66 g|
|9 Āmaya (Kuṣṭha API)||Saussurea lappa||Rt||.42.66 g|
|10 Yaṣṭī (Yaṣṭī API)||Glycyrriza glabra||Rt.||42.66 g|
Method of preparation
- Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Treat Tila taila to prepare mūrcchita Tila taila.
- Wash, clean, dry the ingredients numbered 1 to 5 of the Formulation Composition, powder separately and pass through 355 µm I. S. sieve (sieve number 44) (kvātha dravya).
- Add water for decoction to the kvātha dravya and soak for 4 h, heat and reduce the volume to one-fourth. Filter through muslin cloth to obtain kvātha.
- Medicated oil, brownish yellow in colour with a pleasant odour.
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Śiroruja (Headache).
- External application for shiro-abhyanga.
|Refractive index at 400||1.455 to 1.462|
|Specific gravity at 400||0.929 to 0.936|
|Saponification value||175 to 190|
|Iodine value||84 to 94|
|Acid value||3 to 5|
|Peroxide value||Not more than 6|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-III, page no 71.