Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Emblica officinalis - Dhatri
Amalaki consists of pericarp of dried mature fruits of Emblica officinalis Gaertn. Syn. Phyllanthus emblica Linn. (Fam. Euphorbiaceae); mostly collected in winter season after ripening and in Kashmir in summer, a small or medium sized tree, found both in natural state in mixed deciduous forests of the country ascending to 1300 m on hills; cultivated in gardens, homeyards or grown as a road side tree.
Ascorbic acid and tannins etc.
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
Madhura (Sweet), Tikta (Bitter), Kashaya (Astringent), Katu (Pungent), Aamla
Laghu (Light), Ruksha (Dry)
Tridoshajit, Vrishya, Rasaayana, Caksusya
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- ↑ THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-I, VOLUME-1, page no 05.
- Pages that are stubs
- Herbs with common name in Kannada
- Herbs with common name in Hindi
- Herbs with common name in Malayalam
- Herbs with common name in Tamil
- Herbs with common name in Telugu
- Herbs with common name in Marathi
- Herbs with common name in Gujarathi
- Herbs with common name in Punjabi
- Herbs with common name in Kashmiri
- Herbs with common name in Sanskrit
- Herbs with common name in English
- Ayurvedic Medicine
- Pages without herbs images