Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Bālacaturbhadrikā Churna is a powder preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation composition given below:
|Ghana (Mustā API)||Cyperus rotundus||Rt.Tr.||1 part|
|Kṛṣṇā (Pippalī API)||Piper longum||Fr.||1 part|
|Aruṇā (Ativiṣā API)||Aconitum heterophyllum||Rt. Tr.||1 part|
|Śṛṅgī (Karkaṭśṛṅgī API)||Pistacia integerrima||Gl.||1 part|
Method of preparation
- Take all the ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Clean, dry and powder the ingredients 1 to 4 individually and pass through sieve number 85.
- Weigh separately each ingredient, mix together in specified ratio and pass through sieve number 44 to obtain a homogeneous blend. Pack it in tightly closed containers to protect from light and moisture.
- Pale brown powder, odour characteristic of pippali and taste slightly pungent followed by a tingling sensation. The powder completely pass on through sieve number 44 and not less than 50 per cent pass on through sieve number 85
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Atisāra (Diarrhoea), Chardi (Vomiting), Kāsa (Cough), Śvāsa (Dyspnoea), Jvara (Fever), Bāla śoṣa (Emaciation in children).
- 0.5 to 1 g daily in divided dose.
|Loss on drying||Not more than 9 per cent|
|Total ash||Not more than 7 per cent|
|Acid-insoluble ash||Not more than 2.5 per cent|
|Alcohol-soluble extractive||Not less than 14 per cent|
|Water-soluble extractive||Not less than 16 per cent|
|pH (1% aqueous solution)||5 to 5.3|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-1, page no 44.