Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Yavāni Arka is a liquid preparation obtained by hydro-distillation of fruits of Trachyspermum ammi.
|Yavāni API||Trachyspermum ammi||Fr.||1.0 kg|
|Jala API for soaking and for preparation of Arka||Potable Water||–||v12.0 l|
Method of preparation
- Take the raw materials of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Wash, dry and powder the ingredient number 1 of the Formulation Composition and pass through the 355 µm I. S. sieve (sieve number 44) to obtain coarse powder.
- Place 100 g of Yavāni powder in a round bottom standard joint flask of 2.0 l capacity. Add 1.2 l of Jala.
- Attach the proper distillation assembly with double surface condenser and receiving flask and enough circulating water to condense the distillate i.e. Arka.
- Place the flask on a heating mantle. Adjust the temperature control when boiling starts and continue the distillation to collect about 700 ml of Arka.
- Store in containers and pack them air-tight to protect from light and moisture.
- Yavāni Arka is a colourless slightly cloudy liquid with the characteristic odour of Yavaani with a bitter burning taste
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Agnimāndya (Digestive impairment); Trikaśūla (Pain in sacral region).
- 10 to 20 ml per day in divided doses.
|Specific gravity (200)||0.995 to 0.999|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-III, page no 24.