Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Typha domingensis - Gundrāḥ
Gundrāḥ consists of rhizome with root of Typha australis Schum. And Thonn. Syn. T. angustata Bory and Chaub. It is a hardy perennial, monoecious plant, often growing gregariously in fresh water and marshy places, commonly found throughout India, upto 1730 m.
- 1 Uses
- 2 Parts Used
- 3 Chemical Composition
- 4 Common names
- 5 Properties
- 6 Habit
- 7 Identification
- 8 List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- 9 Where to get the saplings
- 10 Mode of Propagation
- 11 How to plant/cultivate
- 12 Commonly seen growing in areas
- 13 Photo Gallery
- 14 References
- 15 External Links
Alzheimer's disease, Nose bleeds, Haematuria, Uterine bleeding, Dysmenorrhoea, Postpartum abdominal pain, Gastralgia, Scrofula.
Flavonoids (Quercetin, isorhamnetin-3-0-rutinoside); sterols (β-sitosterol, lanosterol, cholesterol).
|English||Lesser Indian Reed-mace|
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
Pittasaṃśamana, Vātahara, Stanyaśodhaka, Stanyajanana, śukraśodhaka, Rajośodhaka, Mūtravirecanīya, Mūtraśodhaka
|Paripinnate||Oblong||Leaf Arrangementis Alternate-spiral|
|Type||Size||Color and composition||Stamen||More information|
|Unisexual||2-4cm long||Pink||Flowering throughout the year and In terminal and/or axillary pseudoracemes|
|Oblong pod||Thinly septate, pilose, wrinkled||Seeds upto 5||Fruiting throughout the year|
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- M£ūtravirecanīya Kaṣāya Cūrṇa, Stanyajanana Kaṣāya Cūrṇa
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
How to plant/cultivate
A plant of the warm temperate zone through to the tropics, where it is found at elevations up to 1,500 metres.
Commonly seen growing in areas
Brackish to fresh marshes and pools.
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Alzheimer's disease
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Nose bleeds
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Haematuria
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Uterine bleeding
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Dysmenorrhoea
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Postpartum abdominal pain
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Gastralgia
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Scrofula
- Herbs with Rizomes used in medicine
- Herbs with Young shoots used in medicine
- Herbs with Seeds used in medicine
- Herbs with common name in Hindi
- Herbs with common name in Telugu
- Herbs with common name in Sanskrit
- Herbs with common name in English
- Habit - Perennial
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Seeds
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Division
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Brackish to fresh marshes and pools
- Ayurvedic herbs that don't have flower, fruit and leaf photos
- Ayurvedic herbs that don't have seed photos