Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Trema orientalis is a fast-growing, evergreen shrub or tree with a heavy branching and rounded to spreading crown, reaching a height of up to 18 metres. It has a short basally swollen bole that can be 60cm in diameter. The plant has a wide range of traditional uses for food, medicine and other commodities. A fast-growing tree, it has several applications in agroforestry as a shade tree, pioneer species etc.
- 1 Uses
- 2 Parts Used
- 3 Chemical Composition
- 4 Common names
- 5 Properties
- 6 Habit
- 7 Identification
- 8 List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- 9 Where to get the saplings
- 10 Mode of Propagation
- 11 How to plant/cultivate
- 12 Commonly seen growing in areas
- 13 Photo Gallery
- 14 References
- 15 External Links
Coughs, Sore throat, Asthma, Bronchitis, Gonorrhoea, Yellow fever, Toothache.
Compounds present in the plant include tannins, saponins, flavanoids, triterpenes, phytosterols, and several constituents of xanthones.
|Kannada||ಗೋರ್ಕು Gorku, ಕರುಹಾಲೆ Karuhaale|
|English||Indian Charcoal Tree, Indian Nettle|
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
|Type||Size||Color and composition||Stamen||More information|
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
How to plant/cultivate
Charcoal tree is a plant of the lowland humid tropics, where it can be found at elevations from sea level up to 2,500 metres.
Commonly seen growing in areas
Moist forests, Dry scrub of open slopes, Open places on hillsides.
- ↑ Indian Medicinal Plants by C.P.Khare
- ↑ Chemical constuents
- ↑ Common names
- ↑ [Morphology]
- ↑ Cultivation
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Coughs
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Sore throat
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Asthma
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Bronchitis
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Gonorrhoea
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Yellow fever
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Toothache
- Herbs with Leaves used in medicine
- Herbs with Fruits used in medicine
- Herbs with common name in Kannada
- Herbs with common name in Hindi
- Herbs with common name in Malayalam
- Herbs with common name in Tamil
- Herbs with common name in Telugu
- Herbs with common name in Marathi
- Herbs with common name in Sanskrit
- Herbs with common name in English
- Habit - Evergreen tree
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Seeds
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Cuttings
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Moist forests
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Dry scrub of open slopes
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Open places on hillsides