Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Rubia tinctorum is a Evergreen Perennial up to 1.00 metres tall. It is harvested from the wild for local use as a medicine and source of materials..
- 1 Uses
- 2 Parts Used
- 3 Chemical Composition
- 4 Common names
- 5 Properties
- 6 Habit
- 7 Identification
- 8 List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- 9 Where to get the saplings
- 10 Mode of Propagation
- 11 How to plant/cultivate
- 12 Commonly seen growing in areas
- 13 Photo Gallery
- 14 References
- 15 External Links
Bladder stones, Kidney stones, Amenorrhoea, Dropsy, Jaundice.
[[:Category:Herbs with used in medicine|]], stem, leaves, Root.
It contains Compounds found in Rubia tinctorum include purpurin (oxyalizarin; 1,2,4-trihydroxyanthraquinone), mollugin (6-hydroxy-2,2-dimethyl-2H-naphtho[1,2-b]pyran-5-carboxylic acid, methyl ester), 1-hydroxy-2-methylanthraquinone, 2-ethoxymethylanthraquinone, rubiadin (1,3-dihydroxy-2-methylanthraquinone).
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
|Type||Size||Color and composition||Stamen||More information|
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
How to plant/cultivate
Prefers a light sandy soil in full sun. Plants grown in fertile well-limed soils produce more pigment in the root.
Commonly seen growing in areas
- ↑ Indian Medicinal Plants by C.P.Khare
- ↑ Chemical constituents
- ↑ [Morphology]
- ↑ Cultivation
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Bladder stones
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Kidney stones
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Amenorrhoea
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Dropsy
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Jaundice
- Herbs with used in medicine
- Herbs with stem used in medicine
- Herbs with leaves used in medicine
- Herbs with Root used in medicine
- Habit - Evergreen perennial
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Seeds
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Division in spring
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Neglected ground
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Hedgerows