Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Rauvolfia tetraphylla is usually a much-branched shrub growing up to 1 metre tall, but sometimes becoming a small tree up to 4 metres tall. The plant contains a copious white latex.
- 1 Uses
- 2 Parts Used
- 3 Chemical Composition
- 4 Common names
- 5 Properties
- 6 Habit
- 7 Identification
- 8 List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- 9 Where to get the saplings
- 10 Mode of Propagation
- 11 How to plant/cultivate
- 12 Commonly seen growing in areas
- 13 Photo Gallery
- 14 References
- 15 External Links
Snake bites, Malaria in Guatemala, Eye troubles, Toothache, Stomach pain, Snakebite, Skin diseases, Parasites.
It contains five new alkaloids bearing an unusual,2-dimethyl-4-oxopiperidin-6-yl moiety, rauvotetraphyllines, 17-epi-rauvotetraphylline and 21-epi-rauvotetraphylline etc.
|English||Wild Snake Root|
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
|Pinnatley whorled||Elliptic-obovate||Softly pubscent|
|Type||Size||Color and composition||Stamen||More information|
|Terminal cymes||Small||Appears during late summer to early winter||Flowering from November to May|
|Drupes||Globose||Red or violet when ripened|
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
How to plant/cultivate
Succeeds in full sun to partial shade, preferring a rich, well-drained soil.
Commonly seen growing in areas
Wet to dry thickets, In waste ground.
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Snake bites
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Malaria in Guatemala
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Eye troubles
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Toothache
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Stomach pain
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Snakebite
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Skin diseases
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Parasites
- Herbs with Leaves used in medicine
- Herbs with Roots used in medicine
- Herbs with common name in Kannada
- Herbs with common name in Hindi
- Herbs with common name in Malayalam
- Herbs with common name in Tamil
- Herbs with common name in Telugu
- Herbs with common name in Sanskrit
- Herbs with common name in English
- Habit - Shrub
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Seeds
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Wet to dry thickets
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of In waste ground