Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Pimpinella anisum - Anisūna
Anisūna consists of dried fruit of Pimpinella anisum. It is an annual erect plant introduced and cultivated in India at Uttar Pradesh, Orissa and Punjab.
- 1 Uses
- 2 Parts Used
- 3 Chemical Composition
- 4 Common names
- 5 Properties
- 6 Habit
- 7 Identification
- 8 List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- 9 Where to get the saplings
- 10 Mode of Propagation
- 11 How to plant/cultivate
- 12 Commonly seen growing in areas
- 13 Photo Gallery
- 14 References
- 15 External Links
Asthma, Anisette, Catarrh, Bronchitis, Hiccough, Epilepsy, Colic, Flatulency.
It contains Volatile oil, fixed oils and protein.
|Hindi||Badiyan Rumee, Sauph|
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
Kaphahara, Artavajanana, Vātānulomaka, Rakṣoghna
[[:Category:Habit - |]]
|Paripinnate||Oblong||Leaf Arrangementis Alternate-spiral|
|Type||Size||Color and composition||Stamen||More information|
|Unisexual||2-4cm long||Pink||Flowering throughout the year and In terminal and/or axillary pseudoracemes|
|Oblong pod||Thinly septate, pilose, wrinkled||Seeds upto 5||Fruiting throughout the year|
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
[[:Category:Index of Plants which can be propagated by |]]
How to plant/cultivate
Sow the seed in dry, light soil, on a warm, sunny border, early in April, where the plants are to remain. When they come up, thin them and keep them clean from weeds. Allow about a foot each way. The seeds may also be sown in pots in heat and removed to a warm site in May.
Commonly seen growing in areas
[[:Category:Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of |]], [[:Category:Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of |]].
- ↑ The Ayuredic Pharmacopoeia of India Part-1, Volume-5, Page no-17
- ↑ [Morphology]
- ↑ Cultivation detail
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Asthma
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Anisette
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Catarrh
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Bronchitis
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Hiccough
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Epilepsy
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Colic
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Flatulency
- Herbs with Seeds used in medicine
- Herbs with Fruits used in medicine
- Herbs with common name in Hindi
- Herbs with common name in Tamil
- Herbs with common name in Sanskrit
- Herbs with common name in English
- Habit -
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of
- Repeat plant