Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
This page is a stub. Learn how you can help expanding it.
- Sit on the floor with the legs stretched straight in front.
- Flex the right knee and place the right foot at the root of the left thigh, the right heel pressing against the navel. Bend the left knee up and bring it near the chest.
- Exhale, twist the trunk to the left, and swinging the left arm from the shoulder catch the right ankle with the left hand from behind the back. Grip the ankle firmly.
- Lift the left foot over the right thigh and place it on the floor by the outer side of the right knee. Take a few breaths. This is the second stage.
- Again exhale, turn the trunk to the left to bring the right shoulder over to the left knee and hold the left foot with the right hand. Turn the neck to the left, raise the chin and gaze up. This is the final stage of the asana. Stay in this pose from 30 to 6o seconds according to your capacity.
- First release the hold on the left foot, lift it over the right thigh and stretch the left leg straight. Then release the grip on the right ankle, stretching the right leg straight and relax.
- In this pose the spine is twisted to its utmost limit and so it is easier if all movements are done with exhalation.
Technique in pictures/animation
- Rejuvenates the spine
- Improves spinal flexibility
- Encourages detoxification
- Improves digestion
- Relaxes the mind