Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
This page is a stub. Learn how you can help expanding it.
- Distance your legs hip-width apart.
- Inhale and slowly raise your arms upwards. Stretch your body upwards as well.
- Exhale and slowly bend the trunk forward from your hips till your hands reach your feet.
- Next, place the palms of your hands under the soles.
- Elbows remain slightly bent pointing outwards.
- Loosen up the shoulders and let the arms relax. Take a few slow breaths.
- Your knees must remain straight. The back ought to be concave not hunched.
- Bring the forehead between the knees if possible. Relax the back muscles of your neck.
- Take long and deep breaths. Relax the body. Stay in this position for as long as you feel comfortable.
Technique in pictures/animation
- Pada hastasana is very effective practice to remove abdomen fat.
- It is very useful in digestive disorders.
- Gives a nice stretch to the thigh muscles.
- Good practice to increase the height.
- Increases the strength of thigh muscles and calf muscles.