Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Mussaenda frondosa is the wild mussaenda or dhobi tree. It is a shrub that grows upto 1.5–2 m tall. Like all other Mussaenda species, they have a large prominent white petaloid sepal in their flowers.
- 1 Uses
- 2 Parts Used
- 3 Chemical Composition
- 4 Common names
- 5 Properties
- 6 Habit
- 7 Identification
- 8 List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- 9 Where to get the saplings
- 10 Mode of Propagation
- 11 How to plant/cultivate
- 12 Commonly seen growing in areas
- 13 Photo Gallery
- 14 References
- 15 External Links
Jaundice, Cancer, Leprosy, Asthma, Hyperacidity, Fever, Cough.
Iridoids, flavonoids and triterpenes are the common chemical ingredients distributed in Mussaenda species etc.
|English||Dhobi Tree, Flag bush|
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
|Simple||Elliptic leaves||7.5-13.7 long, 4.5-8 cm broad, tip shortly tapering. Base is rounded or tapering into the 2-2.5 cm long stalk. Stipules are twin, lanceshaped.|
|Type||Size||Color and composition||Stamen||More information|
|Bisexual||Flat-topped clusters||Creamy-yellow elliptic, golden yellow||Actual flowers are 3-4 cm long, tube slender, very hairy. Berries are obovoid, 1-1.3 cm long|
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
How to plant/cultivate
A plant of subtropical to tropical areas, it is found at elevations up to 1,200 metres in Nepal.
Commonly seen growing in areas
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Jaundice
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Cancer
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Leprosy
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Asthma
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Hyperacidity
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Fever
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Cough
- Herbs with Flower used in medicine
- Herbs with Leaves used in medicine
- Herbs with common name in Kannada
- Herbs with common name in Hindi
- Herbs with common name in Malayalam
- Herbs with common name in Tamil
- Herbs with common name in Sanskrit
- Herbs with common name in English
- Habit - Herbs
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Seeds
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Garden area