Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
This page is a stub. Learn how you can help expanding it.
- Begin kneeling and place a bolster at your side. Engage the Bandhas to activate the muscles in the core of your body.
- Stretch the left leg out to the side and bring the sole of your foot flat.
- Place your right hand on on the earth in line with your knees.
- Create a stable base of support with your hand by spreading your fingers.
- Feel as though your body is sliding between two panes of glass.
- Lift your left arm overhead, bringing it on the same angle as your torso and extended leg.
- Activate your extended leg. Hug the muscles to the bones.
- Keep your pelvis stable and neutral.
- Make circles with your lifted arm. Visualize a mandala as you create this circular movement with your arm.
- Feel space across the front and the back side of the shoulders.
- Lift up through the fingertips of your top arm, using your oblique abdominals (to come out of the pose).
Technique in pictures/animation
- It elongates the sides of the body
- It is effective at opening the chest
- It is also an efficient process to open the hips
- It assists in removing the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome in persons wrists as well as forearms
- Regular practice of this pose is effective at stimulating the thyroid as well as parathyroid gland
- It escalates the clarity
- It has proved to be beneficial at minimizing stress, mild depression and anxieties