Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Malva sylvestris is a species of the mallow genus Malva in the family of Malvaceae and is considered to be the type species for the genus.
- 1 Uses
- 2 Parts Used
- 3 Chemical Composition
- 4 Common names
- 5 Properties
- 6 Habit
- 7 Identification
- 8 List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- 9 Where to get the saplings
- 10 Mode of Propagation
- 11 How to plant/cultivate
- 12 Commonly seen growing in areas
- 13 Photo Gallery
- 14 References
- 15 External Links
Asthma, Bronchitis, Coughing, Throat infections, Emphysema.
M. sylvestris contains malvin and malonylmalvin. It also contains the naphthoquinone malvone A, which is also a phytoalaxin.
|English||Wood mallow, Tree mallow, High mallow|
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
|Simple||Roundish||The leaves are borne upon the stem, with numerous lobes.|
|Type||Size||Color and composition||Stamen||More information|
|Unisexual||2–3 millimeters long and 1.5 millimeters wide||Reddish-purple, bright pinkish-purple with dark stripes and bright mauve-purple||2-4||Its calyx is free to the middle, 3–6 millimeters long, with broadly triangular lobes or ovate mostly 5–7 millimeters long.|
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
How to plant/cultivate
It is often grown as an ornamental plant for its attractive flowers, produced for a long period through the summer. Numerous cultivars have been selected and named. 
Commonly seen growing in areas
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Asthma
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Bronchitis
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Coughing
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Throat infections
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Emphysema
- Herbs with Leaves used in medicine
- Herbs with Flower used in medicine
- Herbs with common name in English
- Habit - Herbs
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Seeds
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Subtropical area