Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Mṛdvīkādi leha is a semisolid avaleha preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation composition given below.
|Mṛdvīkā leha (Drākṣā API)||Vitis vinifera||Dr.Fr.||50 in number|
|Pippalī API||Piper longum||Fr.||30 in number|
|Śarkarā API||Sugar||48 g|
Method of preparation
- Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Wash the Mṛdvīkā two or three times with fresh water, till it becomes clean, and drain the water completely. Remove the seeds and crush to a fine paste.
- Powder dried Pippalī and Śarkarā separately and pass through sieve No. 85.
- Triturate all the ingredients of the composition to a homogeneous mixture by adding required amount of Madhu, to form a semisolid mass.
- Pack it in tightly closed containers to protect from light and moisture.
- Dark brown coloured, semi solid, malleable, sticky preparation with a pungent, slightly sweet and sour taste.
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Kāsa (Cough).
- 25 g daily in divided doses.
- Water, Milk.
|Loss on drying||Not more than 32.0 per cent|
|Total ash||Not more than 1.0 per cent|
|Acid-insoluble ash||Not more than 0.2 per cent|
|Alcohol-soluble extractive||Not less than 30.0 per cent|
|Water-soluble extractive||Not less than 90.0 per cent|
|pH (1% aqueous solution)||4.0 to 4.3|
|Total tannins||0.4 to 0.56 per cent|
|Total phenolics||0.7 to 0.8 per cent|
|Total sugar||70 to 73 per cent|
|Reducing sugars||50 to 51 per cent|
|Non-reducing sugars||20 to 23 per cent|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-1, page no 24 .