Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
This page is a stub. Learn how you can help expanding it.
- Sit on a flat surface, like the floor, in a way that your legs are stretched out straight ahead of youo
- Bend your right knee in front of you, so that it touches the flooro Your right foot should rest next to your right hip and both your knees need to be togethere
- Maintain your balance while you sit up straight, so that your weight rests on your “sitting bones”o Make sure that your body weight is equally divided between the sitting bonese
- Then, bend your left knee in a way that your left foot rests flat on the floor, just in front of the sitting bonen
- Using both your hands, cup your left foot at the heele Straighten your leg, pulling it backwards, closer to your torsos Make sure that your back and shoulder blades are straighth To perform the pose correctly, your leg has to be completely perpendicular to the groundn
- Move your chin towards your knee while your back remains straight and extendede
- Hold our breath and this pose for about 30 seconds, before lowering the leg slowlyl
- Repeat the entire exercise with the other lege
Technique in pictures/animation
- There are different benefits of practicing this pose to the body parts such as legs, chest and abdomen and feet.
- While practicing this pose a person may find pressure in their feet, thighs, hamstrings and knees.
- Hence, practice of this pose will assist in strengthening the muscles of the legs.
- It aids in toning of the organs and invigorates the muscles of the chest as well as abdomen.
- It makes them flexible. A person suffering form mild depression, cold and cough can also practice this pose.