Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Jaṭāmāṃsī Arka is a liquid preparation obtained by hydro-distillation of rhizomes of Nardostachys jatamansi.
|Jaṭāmāṃsī API||Nardostachys jatamansi||Rz.||1.0 kg|
|Jala API for soaking and for preparation of Arka||Potable Water||–||25.0 l|
Method of preparation
- Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Wash, dry and powder the ingredient number 1 of the Formulation Composition and pass through the 355 µm I. S. sieve (sieve number 44) to obtain coarse powder.
- Place 100 g of Jaṭāmāṃsī powder in a round bottom standard joint flask of 5.0 l capacity. Add 2.5 l of Jala.
- Attach the proper distillation assembly with double surface condenser and receiving flask and enough circulating water to condense the distillate i.e. Arka.
- Place the flask on a heating mantle. Adjust the temperature control when boiling starts and continue the distillation to collect about 1.8 l of Arka.
- Store in containers and pack them air-tight to protect from light and moisture.
- Jaṭāmāṃsī Arka is a liquid having a slight turbidity with a spicy, slightly pungent and lingering bitter taste.
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Agnimāndya (Digestive impairment), Arocaka (Tastelessness), Mukhadaurgandhya (Halitosis), Unmāda (Mania/Psychosis), Apasmāra (Epilepsy).
- 10 to 20 ml per day in divided doses.
|Specific gravity (200)||0.995 to 1.0,|
- ↑ THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-III, page no 3.