Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Hatha Yoga Pradipika (book)
Hatha Yoga Pradipika, in English Light on Hatha Yoga is a commentary on the Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda. It is first published in 1985 by Bihar School of Yoga later republished in 2000 by Yoga Publications Trust, Munger, Bihar.
This is a commentary on 389 Sūtras, also divided into four chapters as;
- Asana - 67 Sūtras
- Shatkarma and Pranayama - 78 Sūtras
- Mudra and Bandha - 130 Sūtras
- Samadhi - 114 Sūtras
Each Sutra (verse) is written in Sanskrit letters with its meaning and detailed explanation in English.
According to Hatha Yoga Pradipika, there are 15 Asanas which are described in the Asana chapter from verse no. 17 to 54. Some Asanas e.g. Siddhasana, Padmasana, Simhasana took more than one verse upto ten verses to describe.
- Swastikasana (auspicious pose) - verse 19
- Gomukhasana (cow's face pose) - verse 20
- Veerasana (hero's pose) - verse 21
- Koormasana (tortoise pose) - verse 22
- Kukkutasana (cockerel pose) - verse 23
- Uttankoormasana (stretching tortoise pose) - verse 24
- Dhanurasana (bow pose) - verse 25
- Matsyendrasana (spinal twist pose) - verse 26, 27
- Paschimottanasana (back stretching pose) - verse 28, 29
- Mayurasana (peacock pose) - verse 30, 31
- Shavasana (corpse pose) - verse 32
- Siddhasana (adept's pose) - verse 33-43
- Padmasana (lotus pose) - verse 44-49
- Simhasana (lion pose) - verse 50-52
- Bhadrasana (gracious pose) - verse 53, 54
- Commentary by Swami Muktibodhananda
- Original Author - Swāmi Swātmārāma, written in fifteenth century.
- ISBN-10: 81-8578738-7
- ISBN-13: 978-81-8578738-1
- 645 pages