Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Fritillaria royelei hook - Kṣīrakākolī
Kṣīrakākolī consists of the dried whole bulb of Fritillaria roylei. It is a glabrous herb 6-24 m in height. It is found in Western temperate Himalayas from Kumaon to Kashmir at an altitude of 2500-4000 m; processed by boiling.
- 1 Uses
- 2 Parts Used
- 3 Chemical Composition
- 4 Common names
- 5 Properties
- 6 Habit
- 7 Identification
- 8 List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- 9 Where to get the saplings
- 10 Mode of Propagation
- 11 How to plant/cultivate
- 12 Commonly seen growing in areas
- 13 Photo Gallery
- 14 References
- 15 External Links
Asthma, Tubrculosis, Fever, Burning sensation, Rheumatism, Eye disease.
Alkaloids Kashimirine (imperialine), peimine, Peimisine, Propeimine, Peimiphine and Peimitidine.
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
Vātahara, Pittahara, Rasāyana, Stanyajanana, Kaphakara
|Paripinnate||Oblong||Leaf Arrangementis Alternate-spiral|
|Type||Size||Color and composition||Stamen||More information|
|Unisexual||2-4cm long||Pink||Flowering throughout the year and In terminal and/or axillary pseudoracemes|
|Oblong pod||Thinly septate, pilose, wrinkled||Seeds upto 5||Fruiting throughout the year|
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
How to plant/cultivate
Alpine slopes and in shrubberies, 2700 - 4000 metres, from Pakistan to Uttar Pradesh.
Commonly seen growing in areas
Alpine slopes, Western Himalaya, Shrubberies, Tropical area.
- ↑ The Ayuredic Pharmacopoeia of India Part-1, Volume-5, Page no-13
- ↑ [Morphology]
- ↑ "Cultivation detail"
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Asthma
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Tubrculosis
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Fever
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Burning sensation
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Rheumatism
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Eye disease
- Herbs with Bulb used in medicine
- Herbs with Roots used in medicine
- Herbs with common name in Hindi
- Herbs with common name in Tamil
- Herbs with common name in Telugu
- Herbs with common name in English
- Habit - Shrub
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Seeds
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Alpine slopes
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Western Himalaya
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Shrubberies
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Tropical area
- Ayurvedic herbs that don't have flower, fruit and leaf photos
- Ayurvedic herbs that don't have seed photos