Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Elaeodendron glaucum is an evergreen tree. It grows upto 18 - 25 metres tall. The bole can be 40 - 95cm in diameter. The tree is harvested from the wild for local use as a medicine and source of wood. It is sometimes grown as an ornamental in gardens.
- 1 Uses
- 2 Parts Used
- 3 Chemical Composition
- 4 Common names
- 5 Properties
- 6 Habit
- 7 Identification
- 8 List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- 9 Where to get the saplings
- 10 Mode of Propagation
- 11 How to plant/cultivate
- 12 Commonly seen growing in areas
- 13 Photo Gallery
- 14 References
- 15 External Links
Nerve diseases, Hysteria, Headaches, Swellings, Snakebite.
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
|Type||Size||Color and composition||Stamen||More information|
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
How to plant/cultivate
Commonly seen growing in areas
Periodically very dry places, Weathered coral chalk ground, Heterogeneous primary forest.
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Nerve diseases
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Hysteria
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Headaches
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Swellings
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Snakebite
- Herbs with Gum used in medicine
- Herbs with Bark used in medicine
- Herbs with Leaves used in medicine
- Habit - Evergreen tree
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Seeds
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Periodically very dry places
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Weathered coral chalk ground
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Heterogeneous primary forest
- Pages without herbs images