Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Elaadi Gutika is a pill preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation Composition given below
|El¡ (S£kÀmail¡ API)||Elettaria cardamomum||Sd.||6 g|
|Patra (Tvakpatra API)||Cinamomum tamala||Lf.||6 g|
|Tvak API||Cinamomum verum (= C. zeylanicum)||St. Bk.||6 g|
|Pippal¢ API||Piper longum||Fr.||24 g|
|Sit¡ (áarkar¡ API)||Sugar candy||–||48 g|
|Madhuka (YaÀ¶¢ API)||Glycyrrhiza glabra||Rt.||48 g|
|Kharj£ra API||Phoenix sylvestris||P.||48 g|
|M¤dv¢k¡ (Dr¡kÀ¡ API)||Vitis vinifera||Dr. Fr.||48 g|
Method of preparation
- Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Wash, clean, dry the ingredients numbered 1 to 4 and 6 of the Formulation Composition, powder separately and pass through 180 µm I. S. sieve(sieve number 85).
- Wash, clean the ingredients numbered 7 and 8 of the Formulation Composition and grind separately to prepare soft pulp.
- Roast coarsely powdered Sita in a stainless steel pan on low flame till free from moisture, powder and pass through 180 µm I. S. sieve(sieve number 85).
- Add powdered Sita to the soft pulp and grind well.
- Add powdered ingredients numbered 1 to 4 and 6 of the Formulation Composition to the pulp and triturate with Madhu to prepare a bolus.
- Expel the mass through vati machine to obtain cylindrical threads and cut the vatis to a desired weight.
- A soft spherical pill, blackish brown in colour, odour cinnamon like with a sweet and pungent taste.
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Chardi (Emesis), Hikka (Hiccup), Kasa (Cough), shvasa (Asthma), Bhrama (Vertigo), Murccha (Syncope), Raktapitta (Bleeding disorder), Raktanishthivana (Haemoptysis), Jvara (Fever), Mada (Intoxication), Trshna (Polydipsia), Aruci (Anorexia), Parsvasula (Pleurodyria), shosa (Cachexia), Pliharoga (Splenic disease), amavata (Rheumatism), Svarabheda (Hoarseness of voice), Kshatakshaya (Emaciation due to injury), shukrakÀaya (Oligospermia).
- 2- 4 g per day in divided doses with honey.
|Total Ash||Not more than 3.0 per cent|
|Acid-insoluble ash||Not more than 1.0 per cent|
|Alcohol-soluble extractive||Not less than 40 per cent|
|Water-soluble extractive||Not less than 48 per cent|
|Loss on drying||Not more than 14 per cent|
|pH (1 % aqueous solution)||5 to 6|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-III, page no 112.