Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
'Eka Hasta Bhujasana is an Asana. It is translated as One Arm Pressure Pose or Elephant Trunk Pose from Sanskrit. The name of this pose comes from eka meaning one, hasta" meaning hand, bhuja meaning pressure, and asana" meaning posture or seat The pose shape resembles an elephant's trunk.
- First, come into the Dandasana (Staff Pose). From this Yoga pose lift up your right knee to your (towards your) chest (In this, you have to only lift up your knee but rest of your foot ought to be on the floor).
- Now, keep your right arm under the right knee and put your hand on the floor. At that time your fingers are pointing in forwarding direction. After that, keep your left hand on the ground, little outside from your left hip.
- Raise your right leg up on your right arm (until your right knee comes to the right-hand triceps).
- During this bend your right knee.
- Now, gently press your hands and try to raise your body from the ground.
- Remain in this position for 30 to 60 seconds or as much as you can hold.
- Discharge your pose, and comes to initial position rest for some time and repeat the same process with your other leg. Try to practice Elephant’s trunk pose twice with your both legs this will give you best result.
Technique in pictures/animation
- Strengthens the arms and shoulders.
- Opens your hips.
- Improves balance and coordination.
- Improve core stability
The people suffering from following injuries should avoid this pose:
- Wrist, shoulder or hip injury
Initial practice notes
If you are a beginner, this pose may seem quite impossible. But if you encounter it in a mixed-level class, for instance, it is helpful to follow along as each step builds the flexibility and strength you need for the eventual final posture. Doing the first three steps listed here would be very appropriate for a beginner and will do a lot to open the hips. As you progress, attempting to lift up will increase your core strength.