Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Drākṣāvaleha is a semisolid preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation composition given below.
|Drākṣā API||Vitis vinifera||Dr. Fr.||768 g|
|Kaṇā (Pippalī) API||Piper longum||Fr.||768 g|
|Śarkarā API||Sugar||2.800 kg|
|Madhuka (Yaṣṭī) API||Glycyrrhiza glabra||Rt.||96 g|
|Śuṇṭhī API||Zingiber officinale||Rz.||96 g|
|Tvakṣīrī (Vaṁśa API)||Bambusa arundinacea||S.C.||96 g|
|Dhātrī (Āmalakī)||Phalarasa Embelica officinalis||P.||12.288 l|
|Madhu Honey 768 g|
Method of preparation
- Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Wash the Draaksha with fresh water, till it becomes clean and drain the water completely. Remove the seeds and crush to a fine paste.
- Clean, dry the ingredients numbered 2, 4 and 5 of the formulation composition, powder separately and pass through sieve number 85.
- Clean the ingredient number 6 of the formulation composition, powder and pass through sieve number 120.
- Semi solid, malleable, dark brown, sticky preparation, with a spicy odour, sour and pungent, sweet taste.
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed amber coloured containers to protect from light and moisture.
- Pāṇḍu (Anemia), Kāmalā (Jaundice), Halīmaka (Chronic obstructive Jaundice/chlorosis/advanced stage of jaundice).
- 6 to 12 gm twice a day.
- water, milk.
|Total Ash||Not more than 2.5 per cent|
|Acid insoluble ash||Not more than 0.8 per cent|
|Alcohol-soluble extractive||Not less than 55.0 per cent|
|Water-soluble extractive||Not less than 65.0 per cent|
|Reducing suga||25 to 35 per cent|
|Non-reducing sugar||4.7 to 6.3 per cent|
|pH (5 % aqueous solution)||3.35 to 3.75|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-II, page no 100.