Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Dārvi Malahara is a semisolid preparation made with the ingredients given in the Formulation composition.
|Rasāñjana API||Berberis aristata / B. asiatica / B. lycium||root extract||2 g|
|Sphaṭikā||Alum or Potable Alums||1 g|
|Xanthan gum FF||1 g|
|Propylene glycol||4 ml|
|Methyl paraben||0.17 g|
|Propyl paraben||0.03 g|
|Disodium edentate||0.01 g|
|Peppermint oil||0.05 ml|
|Jala API||Water||100 g|
Method of preparation
- Rasājñana is the dried aqueous extract of the roots of Dāruharidrā, (Berberis aristata or B. asiatica or B. lycium, Fam. Berberidaceae), and is prepared by the following method.
- Chop Dāruharidrā into small pieces of about 1 cm thickness. Powder the chopped roots to a yavkuta (powder whose all particles pass through sieve number 22 and not more than 10 percent pass through sieve number 44).
- Weigh the powder and transfer to a suitable extraction vessel. 
- Yellowish-brown, non-gritty, smooth gel.
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed amber coloured containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Sveta Pradara (Leucorrhoea), Yonikandū (Itching), Yoni sotha, (Vaginitis and other wounds and ulcers).
- 2g twice a day to be applied with applicator in vagina.
|pH (5% aqueous solution)||3.7 to 4.2|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-1, page no 130.