Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Dāḍimādi Ghṛta - 1
Dāḍimādi Ghṛta - 1 is a medicated preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation composition given below with Gh¤ta as the basic ingredient
|Dāḍima API||Punica granatum||Dr. Sd.||192 g|
|Dhānya (Dhānyaka API)||Coriandrum sativam||Fr.||96 g|
|Citraka API||Plumbago zeylanica||Rt.||48 g|
|Śṛṅgavera (Sūṇṭhī API)||Zingiber officinale||Rz.||48 g|
|Pippalī API||Piper nigrum||Fr.||24 g|
|Ghṛta (Goghṛta API)||Clarified butter from cow s milk||960 g|
Method of preparation
- Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Wash, clean, dry the ingredients numbered 2 to 5 of the formulation composition, powder separately and pass through sieve number 85 (Kalka Dravyas).
- Transfer the Kalka Dravyas to the wet grinder and grind with sufficient quantity of water to prepare homogeneous blend (Kalka).
- Clean Dāḍima seeds and crush to prepare a paste.
- A green-coloured, soft, low melting medicated fat, unctuous to touch with pleasant sweetish odour and ghee like taste
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed container, protect from light and moisture.
- Pāṇḍu (Anaemia), Gulma (Abdominal lump), Plīharoga (Splenic disease), Hṛdroga (Heart disease), Arśa (Piles), Pariṇāma śūla (Duodenal ulcer), Garbhiṇī Roga (Diseases during pregnancy), Vāta-Kapha Roga (Disease due to vata Dosha and kapha Dosha), Agnimāndya (Digestive impairment), Śvāasa (Asthma), Kāsa (Cough), Mūḍhavāta (Obstructed movement of vata Dosha), Vandhyatva (Infertility), Duṇkha Prasava (Difficult labour).
- 6 to 12 gm twice a day.
- Warm water.
|Refractive index at 40||1.470 to1.468|
|Specific gravity at 40||0.959-0.969|
|Acid value||Not more than 0.9|
|Saponification value||236 to 242|
|Iodine value||69 to 70|
|Peroxide value||Not more than 6|
|Congealing point||280 to180|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-II, page no 129.