Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Chlorophytum tuberosum is a herb usually growing up to 20–50 cm tall. Its underground parts comprise a short rhizome, often surrounded by fibres, which bears swollen roots with dark tubers to up 7 cm long at their tips.
- 1 Uses
- 2 Parts Used
- 3 Chemical Composition
- 4 Common names
- 5 Properties
- 6 Habit
- 7 Identification
- 8 List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- 9 Where to get the saplings
- 10 Mode of Propagation
- 11 Cultivation Details
- 12 Commonly seen growing in areas
- 13 Photo Gallery
- 14 References
- 15 External Links
Obesity, Diabetes, Leucorrhea, Pregnancy problems.
Chlorophytum tuberosum can be used in Food. Tender leaves are cooked as vegetable. Tubers are eaten raw.
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
Chlorophytum tuberosum contains the Following nutritional components like - Vitamin-C; Glycoside; Hemicellulose; Mucilage; Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Sodium Zinc
|Type||Size||Color and composition||Stamen||More information|
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
[[:Category:Index of Plants which can be propagated by |]]
Chlorophytum tuberosum is available through June to September
Commonly seen growing in areas
In open areas of deciduous forests.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Forest food for Northern region of Western Ghats" by Dr. Mandar N. Datar and Dr. Anuradha S. Upadhye, Page No.50, Published by Maharashtra Association for the Cultivation of Science (MACS) Agharkar Research Institute, Gopal Ganesh Agarkar Road, Pune
- ↑ [Chemical constituents]
- ↑ [Morphology]
- [ ]
- [ ]
- [ ]
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Obesity
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Diabetes
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Leucorrhea
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Pregnancy problems
- Herbs with Tubers used in medicine
- Herbs with Leaf used in medicine
- Herbs with common name in Hindi
- Herbs with common name in Marathi
- Herbs with common name in English
- Habit - Herb
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of In open areas of deciduous forests
- Pages without herbs images