Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Carallia calycina is an evergreen tree. It can vary considerably in height, reaching 15 metres in locations such as China and Madagascar, but up to 50 metres in the humid forests of southeast Asia. The straight, cylindrical bole can be 25 - 70cm in diameter, occasionally with small buttresses and or aerial roots.
- 1 Uses
- 2 Parts Used
- 3 Chemical Composition
- 4 Common names
- 5 Properties
- 6 Habit
- 7 Identification
- 8 List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- 9 Where to get the saplings
- 10 Mode of Propagation
- 11 How to plant/cultivate
- 12 Commonly seen growing in areas
- 13 Photo Gallery
- 14 References
- 15 External Links
Fevers, Smallpox, Septic poisoning, Itch.
|Kannada||Andimurugalu, ಅಂಡಿಪುನಾರು Andipunaru|
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
|Type||Size||Color and composition||Stamen||More information|
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
Seeds, Terminal branch cuttings.
How to plant/cultivate
Older plants grow well in an open position, but younger plants are more tolerant of shade and dislike too much sun.
Commonly seen growing in areas
Lowland wet evergreen forest, A large canopy tree in New Guinean rainforests.
- ↑ [Chemistry]
- ↑ [Morphology]
- ↑ Cultivation
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Fevers
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Smallpox
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Septic poisoning
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Itch
- Herbs with Fruit used in medicine
- Herbs with common name in Kannada
- Herbs with common name in Malayalam
- Herbs with common name in Tamil
- Herbs with common name in Telugu
- Herbs with common name in Marathi
- Herbs with common name in Sanskrit
- Herbs with common name in English
- Habit - Evergreen tree
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Seeds
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Terminal branch cuttings
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Lowland wet evergreen forest
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of A large canopy tree in New Guinean rainforests
- Pages without herbs images