Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Brāhmī Arka is a liquid preparation obtained by hydro-distillation of whole plant of Bacopa monnieri
|1 Brāhmī API||Bacopa monnieri||Pl.||1.0 kg|
|2 Jala API for soaking and for preparation of Arka||Potable Water||30.0 l|
Method of preparation
- Take the raw materials of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Wash, dry and powder the ingredient number 1 of the Formulation Composition and pass through the 355 µm I. S. sieve (sieve number44) to obtain coarse powder.
- Place 100 g of Brāhmī powder in a round bottom standard joint flask of 5.0 l capacity. Add 3.0 l of Jala.
- Attach the proper distillation assembly, double surface condenser and receiving flask and enough circulating water to condense the distillate i.e. Arka.
- Place the flask on a heating mantle. Adjust the temperature control when boiling starts and continue the distillation to collect about 2.0 l of Arka.
- Store in containers and pack them air-tight to protect from light and moisture.
- Brāhmī Arka is a turbid pale yellow liquid with a faint odour and slightly astringent taste.
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Buddhimandatā (Mental retardation), Smṛtibhrama (Impaired memory).
- 10 to 20 ml per day in divided doses.
|Specific gravity (200)||0.998 to 1.0|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-III, page no 4.