Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Bambusa bambos is a huge, evergreen, perennial grass. It contains spiny stems that can be 30 metres or more tall and 15 - 18cm in diameter.
- 1 Uses
- 2 Parts Used
- 3 Chemical Composition
- 4 Common names
- 5 Properties
- 6 Habit
- 7 Identification
- 8 List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- 9 Where to get the saplings
- 10 Mode of Propagation
- 11 How to plant/cultivate
- 12 Season to grow
- 13 Required Ecosystem/Climate
- 14 Kind of soil needed
- 15 Commonly seen growing in areas
- 16 Photo Gallery
- 17 References
- 18 External Links
Joint pain, Debility, Period pain, Nausea, Indigestion, Infected wounds.
Although herbivores feed on various plant parts (e.g. leaves), inherent phytochemicals present varying degrees of antagonism. 
|Kannada||ಬಿದಿರು Bidiru, ವಂಶ Vamsha|
|English||Indian Thorny Bamboo, Giant thorny bamboo|
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
|Type||Size||Color and composition||Stamen||More information|
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
How to plant/cultivate
A plant of the humid tropical lowlands, where it can be found at elevation up to 1,000 metres.
Season to grow
April and June.
Humid tropical climate and grows best along river banks.
Kind of soil needed
With rich and Moist soil.
Commonly seen growing in areas
Moist deciduous forest, Mixed dry deciduous forest, Semi-evergreen forest, Along river valleys, Moist conditions.
- ↑ Chemical constituents
- ↑ Common names
- ↑ [Morphology]
- ↑ Cultivation
- ↑ Required Ecosystem/Climate
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Joint pain
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Debility
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Period pain
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Nausea
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Indigestion
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Infected wounds
- Herbs with Young shoots used in medicine
- Herbs with Seeds used in medicine
- Herbs with common name in Kannada
- Herbs with common name in Hindi
- Herbs with common name in Malayalam
- Herbs with common name in Tamil
- Herbs with common name in Telugu
- Herbs with common name in Marathi
- Herbs with common name in Gujarathi
- Herbs with common name in Sanskrit
- Herbs with common name in English
- Habit - Evergreen bamboo
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Seeds
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Moist deciduous forest
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Mixed dry deciduous forest
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Semi-evergreen forest
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Along river valleys
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Moist conditions
- Pages without herbs images