Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Arka Vati is a pill preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation Composition given below
|Sauvarcala (Sauvarcala Lava¸a (API))||Black salt||–||1 part|
|S¡dara (Naras¡ra API) - áuddha||Sal ammoniac||–||1 part|
|ArkapuÀpa (Arka (API))||Calotropis procera||Fl. Bd.||1 part|
|Marica API||Piper nigrum||Fr.||1 part|
|Jala API||Potable Water||–||QS|
Method of preparation
- Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Treat Narasara to get Narasara - shuddha.
- Roast coarsely powdered Sauvarcala Lava¸a in a stainless steel pan on low flame till free from moisture, powder and pass through 180 µm I. S. sieve(sieve number 85).
- Wash, clean, dry the ingredients numbered 2 and 3 of the Formulation Composition, powder separately and pass through 180 µm I. S. sieve(sieve number 85).
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly to prepare a homogenous blend.
- Add Jala in required quantity and triturate well to prepare a bolus
- Spherical pills, cream coloured, with characteristic odour and taste of black salt.
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Kaphaja Agnimandya (Digestion impairment due to kapha dosha).
- 500 mg - 1 g per day in divided doses with warm water.
|Total Ash||Not more than 55 per cent|
|Acid-insoluble ash||Not more than 5.0 per cent|
|Alcohol-soluble extractive||Not less than 10 per cent|
|Water-soluble extractive||Not less than 27 per cent|
|Loss on drying||Not more than 8 per cent|
|pH (1 % aqueous solution)||5 to 6|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-III, page no 107.