Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Arka Lavaṇa is a preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation composition given below.
|Arka patra API||Calotropis procera||Lf.||1 part|
|Saindhava lavaṇa API||Rock salt||1 part|
Method of preparation
- Take ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Collect mature Arka patra. Place alternate layers of Arka patra and Saindhava lavaṇa in an earthen pot.
- Keep a śarāva to cover the pot. Seal the edge of the śarāva and the pot with seven consecutive layers of clay-smeared cloth and allow to dry.
- Subject it to fire till the pot becomes red-hot. Remove the contents from the pot and grind to a fine powder in a khalva.
- Pack it in tightly closed containers to protect from light and moisture.
- A fine powder, passing through sieve number 100; grey in colour, odourless, taste salty.
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Gulma (Abdominal lump), Udara roga (Diseases of abdomen), Plīhodara (Splenomegaly) Yakṛtodara (Enlargement of Liver).
- 1g daily in divided doses.
- Water, Butter milk.
|Loss on drying||Not more than 1 per cent|
|Acid-insoluble ash||Not more than 3 per cent|
|pH (1% aqueous solution)||9 to 10|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-1, page no 104.