Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Apāmārga kṣāra Taila
Apāmārga kṣāra Taila is a medicated oil preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation Composition given below with Tila taila as the basic ingredient.
|Mārga Kṣāra||(Apāmārga Kṣāra (API))|
|Achyranthes aspera||Water soluble ash of Pl.||16 parts|
|Jala API||Potable Water||–||96 parts|
|Apāmārga API||Achyranthes aspera||Pl.||6 parts|
|Taila (Tila Taila API)||Sesame oil||–||24 parts|
Method of preparation
- Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Treat Tila taila to prepare m£rcchita Tila taila.
- Add 6 parts of water to 1 part of kṣāra , and dissolve completely (kṣāra jala).
- Wash, clean, dry the ingredient number 4 of the Formulation Composition, powder and pass through 180 µm I. S. sieve (sieve number 85) (Kalka dravya).
- Transfer the powder to wet grinder and grind with sufficient quantity of water to prepare homogenous blend (Kalka).
- Take mūrcchita Tila Taila in a stainless steel vessel and heat it.
- Add increments of Kalka. Stir thoroughly while adding the Kalka dravya. 
- Medicated oil, pink in colour.
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Karṇanāda (Tinnitus), Bādhirya (Deafness).
- Ear drops - 2 to 5 drops in each ear once or twice a day.
|Refractive index at 400||1.4600 to 1.4805|
|Specific gravity at 400||0.8948 to 0.9236|
|Saponification value||182 to 202|
|Iodine value||103 to 106|
|Acid value||Not more than 1.0|
|Peroxide value||Not more than 3|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-III, page no 58.