Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Cinnamomum tamala - Tvakpatra
Tvakpatra consists of dried mature leaves of Cinnamomum tamala (Buch. Ham.) Nees & Eberm. (Fam. Lauraceae) a small evergreen tree upto 7.5 m high and occurs in tropical, sub- tropical Himalayas between 900-2300 m, often raised from seeds, sown in nursery, leaves collected in dry weather from about ten years old plant during October-March.
|Kannada||Tamalapatra, Dalchini Ele|
|Gujarathi||Tamala patra, Develee|
|Kashmiri||Dalchini pan, Tajpatra|
|Sanskrit||Patra, Varaanga, Coca|
Essential oils (d-α phellandrene and eugenol).
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
Laghu, Pichchila, Tikshna
Kaphavatahara, Rucya, Arshoghna
- ↑ THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-I, VOLUME-1, page no 153.
- Pages that are stubs
- Herbs with common name in Kannada
- Herbs with common name in Hindi
- Herbs with common name in Malayalam
- Herbs with common name in Tamil
- Herbs with common name in Telugu
- Herbs with common name in Marathi
- Herbs with common name in Gujarathi
- Herbs with common name in Punjabi
- Herbs with common name in Kashmiri
- Herbs with common name in Sanskrit
- Herbs with common name in English
- Ayurvedic Medicine
- Pages without herbs images