Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Jyotiṣmatī Taila is a medicated oil preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation Composition given below.
|Mayūrakakṣāra (Apāmārgakṣāra (API))||Achyranthes aspera||Water soluble Ash of Pl.||896 g|
|Jala API||Potable water||5.376 l|
|Jyotiṣmatī Taila (API)||Celastrus paniculatus||Oil 7||68 g|
Method of preparation
- Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Add 6 parts of water to 1 part of kṣāra, and dissolve completely (kṣāra jala).
- Take Jyotiṣmatī Taila in a stainless steel vessel and heat it.
- Add equal quantity of kṣāra jala. Stir thoroughly and heat with constant stirring maintaining the temperature between 500 and 900 during the first hour of heating. Stop the heating when the Kalka gets separated at the bottom of the vessel in the form of loose paste (kṣāra lakṣana) and at the appearance of froth (Phenodgama) over the oil. Allow to stand overnight.
- Repeat the process for six more times each day adding fresh Kshara jala in equal quantity
Other Ayurvedic herb in which used in this preparation
- Very thick oil, reddish in colour.
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Śvitraroga (Leucoderma/Vitiligo).
- Externally for Abhynga (application on affected area).
|Refractive index at 400||1.4232 to 1.4556|
|Specific gravity at 400||0.8506 to 0.9232|
|Saponification value||106 to 108|
|Iodine value||51 to 55|
|Acid value||3 to 4|
|Peroxide value||Not more than 4|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-III, page no 82.