Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Hedychium spicatum - Shathi
(Redirected from Hedychium spicatum)
This page is a stub. Learn how you can help expanding it.
Shathi consists of sliced, dried rhizomes of Hedychium spicatum Ham.ex Smith (Fam. Zingiberaceae), a perennial rhizomatous herb, measuring upto 1 m occurs in parts of western and central regions of sub-tropical Himalayas at an altitude of 1500-2000 m, grows abundantly in Kumaon and Punjab.
|Kannada||Goul Kachora, Seenakachora, Kachora|
|Tamil||Poolankizangu Kichili Kizongu|
|English||Spiked ginger lily|
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
Tikta, Kashaya, Katu
Shoolahara, Grahi, Kaphavataghna, Mukhashodhana
- ↑ THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-I, VOLUME-1, page no 132.
- Pages that are stubs
- Herbs with common name in Kannada
- Herbs with common name in Hindi
- Herbs with common name in Malayalam
- Herbs with common name in Tamil
- Herbs with common name in Telugu
- Herbs with common name in Marathi
- Herbs with common name in Gujarathi
- Herbs with common name in Punjabi
- Herbs with common name in Kashmiri
- Herbs with common name in Sanskrit
- Herbs with common name in English
- Ayurvedic Medicine
- Pages without herbs images