Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Amomum subulatum - Black cardamom
Amomum subulatum is greater Black cardamom. Black Cardamom is an evergreen plant that grows up to 5 ft tall. Leaves are found on the upper portion of the stem.
- 1 Uses
- 2 Parts Used
- 3 Chemical Composition
- 4 Common names
- 5 Properties
- 6 Habit
- 7 Identification
- 8 List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- 9 Where to get the saplings
- 10 Mode of Propagation
- 11 How to plant/cultivate
- 12 Commonly seen growing in areas
- 13 Photo Gallery
- 14 References
- 15 External Links
Gastro-Intestinal problems, Cardiovascular problems, Respiratory problems, Urinary problems, Indigetion.
The seeds contain 3% of an essential oil, which is dominated by 1,8-cineol (typically 70%). Smaller and variable amounts of α-terpinyl acetate, limonene, terpinene, terpineol and sabinene have also been reported
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
|Type||Size||Color and composition||Stamen||More information|
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
How to plant/cultivate
Large cardamom grows well in forest loamy soils with gentle to medium slopes.
Commonly seen growing in areas
Tropical area, Dense forests at elevations.
- ↑ Chemistry
- ↑ [Mmorphology]
- ↑ Cultivation
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Gastro-Intestinal problems
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Cardiovascular problems
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Respiratory problems
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Urinary problems
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Indigetion
- Herbs with Seeds used in medicine
- Herbs with Fruits used in medicine
- Herbs with common name in Kannada
- Herbs with common name in Hindi
- Herbs with common name in Kashmiri
- Herbs with common name in English
- Habit - Perennial
- Index of Plants which can be propagated by Seeds
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Tropical area
- Herbs that are commonly seen in the region of Dense forests at elevations
- Ayurvedic herbs that don't have flower, fruit and leaf photos