Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Plihaari Vatika is a pill preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation Composition given below.
|Sah¡s¡ra (Kum¡r¢ (API))||Aloe barbadensis||Fresh Lf. P.∗||1 part|
|Abhra (Abhraka Bhasma (API))||Calcined Mica||–||1 part|
|K¡s¢sa (K¡¿¢¿a API) - áuddha||Green vitreol||–||1 part|
|La¿una (Rasona API)||Allium sativum||Bl.||1 part|
|Dro¸apuÀp¢ API - Svarasa||Leucas cephalotes Juice of fresh||Pl.||QS|
Method of preparation
- Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Treat Kashisha to get Kashisha - shuddha.
- Treat Abhraka to get Abhraka bhasma.
- Clean Rasona and grind to prepare fine paste. .
- Take fresh Dronapushpi and wash thoroughly with water. Grind and filter through muslin cloth to obtain svarasa.
- Reddish brown coloured pills with characteristic garlic odour and bitter taste.
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Pliha-yakrdroga (Spleno-hepato disease), Gulma (Abdominal lump), Agnimandya (Digestive impairment), shotha (Inflamation), Kasa (Cough), shvasa (Asthma), Trsna (Thirst), Kampa (Tumor), Daha (Burning sensation), Chardi (Emesis), Bhrama (Vertigo).
- 500 mg per day in divided doses.
|Total Ash||Not more than 60 per cent|
|Acid-insoluble ash||Not more than 14 per cent|
|Alcohol-soluble extractive||Not less than 8 per cent|
|Water-soluble extractive||Not less than 45 per cent|
|Loss on drying||Not more than 12 per cent|
|pH (1 % aqueous solution)||3 to 4|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-III, page no 2.