Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Jīrakādyariṣṭa is a fermented liquid preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation composition given below. It contains not more than 10 per cent, and not less than 5 per cent of alcohol that is self generated in the preparation over a period of time
|Jīrakā (Śveta Jīraka API)||Cuminum cyminum||Fr.||9.6 kg|
|Jala for decoction||Water||49.152 l|
|reduced to||12.288 l|
|Guḍa API||Jaggery||14.4 kg|
|Dhātakī API||Woodfordia fruticosa||Fl.||768 g|
|Śuṇṭhī API||Zingiber officinale||Rz.||48 g|
|Jātīphala API||Myristica fragrans||Sd.||48 g|
|Mustaka (Mustā API)||Cyperus rotundus||Rz.||48 g|
|Tvak API||Cinnamomum zeylanicum||St. Bk.||48 g|
|Elā (Sūkṣmailā API)||Elettaria cardamomum||Sd.||48 g|
|Patra (Tejapatra API)||Cinnamomum tamala||Lf.||48 g|
|Nāgakeṣara API||Mesua ferrea||Stmn.||48 g|
|Yamānikā (Yavānī API)||Trachyspermum ammi||Fr.||48 g|
|Kakkola (Kaṅkola API)||Piper cubeba||Fr.||48 g|
|Devapuṣpa (Lavaṅga API)||Syzygium aromaticum||Fl.||Bud 48 g|
Method of preparation
- Take the raw materials of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Wash, dry and crush the ingredient numbered 1 (Kvātha Dravya) of the formulation composition.
- Clean, dry and powder the ingredients numbered 5 to 14 (Prakṣepa Dravya) of the formulation composition individually and pass through the sieve number 85 to obtain fine powder.
- Add specified amount of water to the Kvātha Dravya, soak overnight, heat, reduce to one fourth and filter through muslin cloth to obtain Kvātha.
- Add the ingredient number 3 of the formulation composition to the Kvatha, allow to dissolve and filter through the muslin cloth
- Clear dark brown liquid without frothing and significant sedimentation; with aromatic odour and bitter taste.
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed amber coloured bottle, protect from light and moisture.
- Sūtikāroga (Puerperal disease), Agnimāndya (Digestive impairment), Atisāra (Diarrhoea), Grahaṇī(Malabsorption syndrome).
- 15 30 ml orally with equal amount of water after meals twice a day.
|Total phenolic content||0.154 to 0.189 per cent|
|Total solids||Not less than 22.0 per cent|
|Specific gravity (at 25º)||1.08 to 1.20|
|pH||3.5 to 4.5|
|Reducing sugars||Not less than 14.00 per cent|
|Non-reducing sugars||Not more than 1.00 per cent|
|Alcohol content||5 to 10 per cent v/v|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-II, page no 43.