Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Hiṇgvaṣṭaka Cūrṇa is a powder preparation containing the ingredients in the Formulation composition given below:
|Śuṇṭhī API||Zingiber officinale||Rz.||1 part|
|Marica API||Piper nigrum [||Fr.||1 part|
|Pippalī API||Piper longum||Fr.||1 part|
|Ajamodā API||Apium leptophyllum||Fr.||1 part|
|Saindhava lavaṇa API||Rock salt||1 part|
|Śveta jīraka API||Cuminum cyminum||Fr. 1||part|
|Kṛṣṇa jīraka API||[Carum carvi ]]||Fr.||1 part|
|Hiṇgu API-śuddha||Ferula foetida||Exd.||1 part|
Method of preparation
- Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Roast coarsely powder Saindhava lavaṇa in a stainless steel pan till it become free from moisture. Prepare fine powder and pass through it sieve number 85.
- Treat Hiṇgu to prepare śuddha Hiṇgu. Clean and powder all other ingredients individually, pass through sieve no. 85, weigh each ingredient separately and mix thoroughly in specified ratio to obtain a homogeneous blend.
- Pack it in tightly closed containers to protect from light and moisture.
- Light brown; free flowing powder with a spicy and astringent taste, odour aromatic and pleasant. The powder completely pass on through sieve number 44 and not less than 50 per cent pass on through sieve number 85.
- Store in a cool place in tightly closed containers, protected from light and moisture.
- Agnimāndya (Digestive impairment), Śūla (Pain/Colic), Gulma (Abdominal lump), Vātaroga (Disease due to vata dosha).
- 3 to 6 g daily in divided doses.
|Loss on drying||Not more than 13.5 per cent|
|Total ash||Not more than 23.0 per cent|
|Acid-insoluble ash||Not more than 4.5 per cent|
|Alcohol-soluble extractive||Not less than 14.0 per cent|
|Water-soluble extractive||Not less than 34.0 per cent|
|pH (1% aqueous solution)||6.4 to 6.6|
- THE AYURVEDIC PHARMACOPOEIA OF INDIA, PART-II, VOLUME-1, page no 48.