Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Curcuma zeodaria is a herbaceous, perennial plant. Each pseudostem comprises around 5 leaves with blades around 35cm long and 13cm wide.
- 1 Uses
- 2 Parts Used
- 3 Chemical Composition
- 4 Common names
- 5 Properties
- 6 Habit
- 7 Identification
- 8 List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- 9 Where to get the saplings
- 10 Mode of Propagation
- 11 How to plant/cultivate
- 12 Commonly seen growing in areas
- 13 Photo Gallery
- 14 References
- 15 External Links
Many of the biological activities of Curcuma species can be attributed to nonvolatile curcuminoids, but these plants also produce volatile chemicals. Essential oils, in general, have shown numerous beneficial effects for health maintenance and treatment of diseases.
|Kannada||Kadu Arisina, Kachora|
|Malayalam||Kachoori kilannu, Kuva|
Reference: Dravya - Substance, Rasa - Taste, Guna - Qualities, Veerya - Potency, Vipaka - Post-digesion effect, Karma - Pharmacological activity, Prabhava - Therepeutics.
|Leaves are large||Reaching upto 1 m in length||Oblong and deeply veined, often coloured purplish in the centre|
|Type||Size||Color and composition||Stamen||More information|
|Funnel-shaped||Whitish or pale-yellow||Calyx is whitish and obtusely toothed.||Flowering from March to April|
|Fruiting from March to April|
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
How to plant/cultivate
A plant of the hot, humid, lowland tropics, where it is found at elevations up to 900 metres.
Commonly seen growing in areas
- ”Karnataka Medicinal Plants Volume - 2” by Dr.M. R. Gurudeva, Page No.177, Published by Divyachandra Prakashana, #45, Paapannana Tota, 1st Main road, Basaveshwara Nagara, Bengaluru.
- Article - Chemical Composition and Biological Activities of Essential Oils of Curcuma Species by Aromatic Plant Research Center, 230 N 1200 E, Suite 102, Lehi, UT 84043, USA.
- Useful tropical plant by The ferns.information