Note: This is a project under development. The articles on this wiki are just being initiated and broadly incomplete. You can Help creating new pages.
Centratherum anthelminticum - Somaraji
Centratherum anthelminticum is Somaraji in Sanskrit.
- 1 Uses
- 2 Parts Used
- 3 Chemical Composition
- 4 Common names
- 5 Habit
- 6 Identification
- 7 List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
- 8 Where to get the saplings
- 9 Mode of Propagation
- 10 How to plant/cultivate
- 11 Habitat or Distribution
- 12 Photo Gallery
- 13 References
- 14 External Links
Anthelmintic, Worm infections, Stimulant, Antiseptic.
Anthelminticum include the following: flavonoids such as 2′,3,4,4-tetrahydroxychalcone (Butein); 5,6,7,4′-tetrahydroxy flavone and 7,3′,4′-trihydroxydihydroflavone; sterols such as sterol-4-alpha-methylvernosterol, vernosterol, and avernosterol; steroids such as (24a/R)-stigmasta-7-en-3-one, 24(a/R)-stigmasta-7.
|Hindi||Banjira, Somrajj, Somraji|
6-10 cm long, margins tootherd. Base tapering into a petiole.
1.5-2.5 cm diameter. In small clusters. Purplish flowers; each head consisting of 30-40 minute flowers.
Stems and leaves covered with minute hairs.
List of Ayurvedic medicine in which the herb is used
Where to get the saplings
Mode of Propagation
How to plant/cultivate
Habitat or Distribution
Throughout India up to an altitude of about 500m. More common in waste places near habitations.
- ↑ Medicinal Plants, S K Jain, National Book Trust, India.
- ↑ Chemical constituents
- ↑ Karnataka Aushadhiya Sasyagalu By Dr.Maagadi R Gurudeva, Page no:83
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Anthelmintic
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Worm infections
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Stimulant
- Ayurvedic Herbs known to be helpful to treat Antiseptic
- Herbs with common name in Kannada
- Herbs with common name in Hindi
- Herbs with common name in Malayalam
- Herbs with common name in Tamil
- Herbs with common name in Telugu
- Herbs with common name in Gujarathi
- Herbs with common name in Sanskrit
- Habit - Erect tall herb
- Ayurvedic herbs that don't have flower, fruit and leaf photos
- Ayurvedic herbs that don't have seed photos